As a patient you have the right to:
As a patient of this Practice we expect you to
- Be registered with a GP.
- Change Doctor easily and quickly.
- Be offered a health check on joining the Practice.
- Receive emergency care at any time through a GP.
- Receive health care on the basis of clinical need regardless of ability to pay.
- Be given a clear explanation of any treatment proposed. Have appropriate drugs and medicines prescribed.
- Be referred to a Consultant acceptable to you when the GP thinks it is necessary.
- Have access to your medical records, subject to any limitations in the law, and know that those working for the NHS are under legal duty to keep the contents confidential. There is a fee for copy medical records.
- Choose whether or not to take part in medical student training.
- Request a yearly health check if you are 75 years or over.
- A copy of the Practice booklet, setting out the services provided.
- Receive a full and prompt reply to any complaints about the services provided by the Practice.
- Treat the Doctors and Practice Staff with courtesy and respect.
- Be punctual for appointments.
- Give the Practice as much notice as possible if you are unable to keep your appointment.
- Make more than one appointment if more than one person needs to be seen.
- Be prepared to make further appointments if you have numerous or complicated problems.
- Be patient if appointment times are running late—please remember it may be you who needs extra time on another occasion.
- Ask for a home visit only if illness prevents you attending the Surgery—children can usually be brought safely to the Surgery.
- Be prepared to see any GP in the Practice.
- Plan ahead when ordering repeat prescriptions and always use the repeat prescription Line number — (028) 90204216 option 1 this line operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This number leaves the other lines free for emergencies, appointments and enquiries.
- Carefully follow the treatment prescribed by your Doctor.
If you wish to make constructive comments, suggestions or complaint please contact the manager or complete a complaint form and leave it at the reception desk or post to practice manager.